modular electronic game prototype by Tuomo Tammenpää and Daniel Blackburn

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Hi, I'm pic and this is my space invader



A frustrating week to get my PIC 16F628A work outside the programmer without external crystal. It finally worked. I got it to blink a led. That should have been like three minutes. After that I was quite prepared to debug every little detail one by one from stamp setup to pic setup. However, just out of curiosity I copied the matrix bit of the code and pasted it into picbasic, changed the pin names and it worked! So the part that was supposed to take the week was done in three minutes.

2 Comments:

Blogger Benjamin Tomlinson said...

hi,
what made you change from the Stamp chip to the PIC?

Boppyer:-)

9:05 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stamp is a nice prototype chip but we need more speed and since we make hopefully quite a few of these, pics are one tenth of the price of a stamp. We also need to get rid of the chip sockets to reduce the height of the tile and I hate the idea of soldering stamp to the board where pic's don't get that kind of emotional respect from me ;-)

1:06 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home